Go wild! We've got FREE shipping over $50 & Sezzle!
February 25, 2018
If you have a Cricut or Silhouette, then you can easily cut your own vinyl stencils to create adorable wood signs...no artistic skills required! :)To see this tutorial as a video, check it out on YouTube!
Here's what you'll need to make this sign:
1. Cut out your stencil using your Cricut or Silhouette machine. Weed out the inside of the letters. Apply transfer tape over stencil and burnish (press down stencil) with a scraper, squeegee, or old credit card.
2. Apply stencil to wood board, burnish, and carefully peel away transfer tape.
3. Apply layer of Mod Podge over all open stencil areas using makeup sponge. This isn't required, but will help prevent paint from bleeding under the stencil in case too much paint is used. Allow to dry.
4. Using makeup sponge, dab into paint then dab sponge on plate to remove excess paint. Use very little paint at a time! You should still see the design underneath.
5. Apply second coat and possibly third coat depending on how solid or opaque you'd like the letters. Allow to dry between each coat.
6. Peel off stencil vinyl, using exacto knife or tweezers to remove small pieces. Ta-da! You're done! Seal with a matte spray sealer to protect the sign.
July 10, 2019
May 07, 2019
March 26, 2018
Stay in the know! And save 15% on your next order too, just for joining our fancy email list!!